Anti Racism – Course Collection
Overcoming racism as an every day experience. What it is, how it shows up, and how you can counter it.
Racism in all its forms prevents equity and inclusion. At the same time, racial discrimination is not always noticed by those who are not directly affected. Inform yourself about racism and racist acts to contribute to building an equitable and inclusive work environment at Bertelsmann.Sign up on peoplenet
What you will learn
In this online collection you can find valuable information about different forms of racisms and how spot and eventually overcome them. We encourage you to educate yourself on the topic of racism and become an ally in order to support a more inclusive work environment and society. Racism is a problem which is deeply rooted within our society and institutions. But there is a way to change it and you are an important part of this collective task.
- Color blind or color brave?
- Race and racial identity
- Racial equity tools glossary
- What is privilege?
- What is white privilege, really?
- This is what anti-Asian racism looks like in Canada
- Asian enough?
- What if white people led the charge to end racism?
- Ibram X. Kendi defines what it means to be an antiracist
- Getting over your fear of talking about diversity
- Deep dive allyship: Guide to allyship
- How to be an ethnicity and race ally at work
- Deep dive Europe: As media watch US uprisings, EU has a racism problem, too
- Deep dive Germany: Racism on the rise in Germany
- Deep dive Germany: Foreigners in their own country: Racial bias in Germany
- Workbook "Antiracism in the workplace"
Who will benefit
All Bertelsmann employees who seek to understand the impact that racism has even in modern societies as well as work environments and wish to learn ways to minimalize it’s influence.
What you can expect
Video training, blog entries and self-study material