Unconscious Bias – Course Collection
Identify and eliminate stereotypes, clichés, and discrimination in your own behavior and thought patterns
Unconscious bias influences many decisions and processes in everyday work and can have a negative impact on the company as a whole. Become more aware of your own ‘unconscious bias’ and learn how to counteract their effects.Sign up on peoplenet
What you will learn
Performance reviews, recruiting, working relationships and even investment decisions can be influenced by unconscious biases and stereotypes. But they don't have to be: This online collection helps you understand unconscious biases and stereotypes and develop strategies for dealing with them. We invite you to look into the material and learn how to make better decisions and act more inclusively!
- What does my headscarf mean to you?
- Core Message of "Thinking, fast and slow" by Daniel Kahneman
- Implicit Associations Test (IAT)
- Unconscious bias: Online Training
- 12 Cognitive Biases Explained
- How to Outsmart Your Own Unconscious Bias
- How the Best Bosses Interrupt Bias on Their Teams
- Deep dive: Stereotype Threat
- Deep dive: Recruiting and unconscious bias
- Deep dive: Microagressions
- The cognitive bias codex: 180+ biases
Who will benefit
All Bertelsmann employees who want to understand the influence of unconscious biases on decision-making and learn how to develop strategies for dealing with them.
What you can expect
Video training, blog entries and self-study material